How To Create and Print QR Code Insect Labels
- Choose specimens and get comma-separated list of their catalog numbers. A starting container barcode value will also be needed.
- Get flat table containing label data from Arctos.
- Run label data through label-generating R script.
- Print the labels, check them, and label the specimens.
- Create the containers in Arctos.
- Move the specimens to the containers in Arctos via the automatically-generated bulkloading file. Scan the pins into their parent contaiers, etc. a PDF of the labels. From there, print away!
For a detailed description and instructions for use of this method see QR code insect labels from Arctos using free software