How To Manage Taxon Concepts in Arctos
Create a Taxon Concept
- First make sure the publication that is the ‘according to’ for a taxon concept exists in Arctos see How To Create a Publication if you need to add a publication.
- In the taxonomy page of the name for which you want to adda concept, from the Available Operator Options, click on
- Enter the publication title or author’s name in the pick publication field and select TAB, this will present you with a list of publications with the title or by the author. Choose from the available publications in the pop-up window.
- Enter the taxon author as used in the publication (e.g., “L.”),
- Click the
generate labelbutton, to automatically create a taxon concept label of the form
<i>name</i> author <i>sensu</i> ref.
- Click the
create taxon conceptbutton to accept the label and create the concept linking the name with the publication.
Edit a Taxon Concept
Concepts are not editable. If an edit is required, delete and recreate the taxon concept.
Mapping Taxon Concepts
- In the same
[Manage Concepts]page, find the
concept_labelfor the concept you want to map.
- Pick the publication that documents this mapping.
- Choose the RCC-5 set mapping relationship.
- Pick the concept label for the other taxon concept.
Edit Taxon Concept Mapping
Concept mappings are not editable. To edit a taxon concept mapping, delete and create a new taxon concept mapping.