How To Manage Taxon Concepts in Arctos
Create a Taxon Concept
- First make sure the publication that is the ‘according to’ for a taxon concept exists in Arctos see How To Create a Publication if you need to add a publication.
- In the taxonomy page of the name for which you want to adda concept, from the Available Operator Options, click on
- Enter the publication title or author’s name in the pick publication field and select TAB, this will present you with a list of publications with the title or by the author. Choose from the available publications in the pop-up window.
- Enter the taxon author as used in the publication (e.g., “L.”),
- Click the
generate labelbutton, to automatically create a taxon concept label of the form
<i>name</i> author <i>sensu</i> ref.
- Click the
create taxon conceptbutton to accept the label and create the concept linking the name with the publication.
Edit a Taxon Concept
Concepts are not editable. If an edit is required, delete and recreate the taxon concept.
Mapping Taxon Concepts
- In the same
[Manage Concepts]page, find the
concept_labelfor the concept you want to map.
- Pick the publication that documents this mapping.
- Choose the RCC-5 set mapping relationship.
- Pick the concept label for the other taxon concept.
Edit Taxon Concept Mapping
Concept mappings are not editable. To edit a taxon concept mapping, delete and create a new taxon concept mapping.
Edit this Documentation
If you see something that needs to be edited in this document, you can create an issue using the link under the search widget at the top left side of this page, or you can edit directly here.