These are How-To pages organized by topic:
Using Github to Contribute to the Handbook
- Why use Github for Arctos?
- How to Contribute Content to the Arctos Handbook
- How to get the most out of editing Arctos on Github(Tips, Tools, Step-by-Step guide)
- Mastering Markdown on Github.com
- The Issue Process: How to Make Arctos Work for You
How to handle Localities in ArctosSee also MVZ's curatorial manual 'Taming the Bear' below.
- Start here with the Arctos Locality Model
- Creating New Specific Locality
- Editing Specific Locality
- Editing Verbatim Locality
- Merging Duplicate Localities
- Editing coordinates and maximum errors
- Editing coordinates for a single specimen
- Creating New Collecting Event for a Locality
- Reassigning specimens to another locality
- Media (images) and localities
Learn how to use Arctos better here! Written by Arctos users for their respective collections
- MVZ's Curatorial Manual called "Taming the Bear or: Basic Locality Functions in Arctos: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Database"
- MVZ's Useful SQL Query Examples
- CHAS's Site Map of Arctos