How to Batch Update Agents
To Batch update Agents (collectors and preparators) use the Manage Menu. The Manage Menu is an efficient alternative to using the “Agents Tab” found in individual specimen records when needing to update multiple records at once. Agents can be added, deleted, or re-ordered using this feature.
Note: Other types of agents (donors, determiners, loan contacts, etc.) cannot be globally edited, and must be individually updated record-by-record.
Navigation: from the Search Results screen → “Manage…” Menu → Agents
Query the records to be edited. ALL records that appear in the search results list will be batch-updated. Be sure to double-check the results and isolate only the records you wish to update, narrowing your search parameters if need be.
- Add agents to the records listed by typing all or part of the agent name in the Name field and pushing the TAB key to generate the agent name pick-list. Select the desired agent from the pick-list, and the agent will populate into the Name field.
- Indicate the agent Role from the drop-down menu (“collector” or “preparator”).
- Select the agent Order from the drop-down menu (“first” or “last”). This action controls the order in which the names will be displayed in the specimen record and search results screens.
- Click the “Insert Agent” button and the agent name will be immediately added to the records listed below.
- Repeat this process as many times as necessary to insert additional agent names into the records.
- Remove agents from the records listed by typing in all or part of the agent name in the Name field, pushing the TAB key, and selecting the desired name to be removed from the pop-up pick-list.
- Ignore the Role and Order menus (when removing agents)
- Click the “Remove Agent” button and the agent name will be immediately deleted from the records listed below.
- Repeat this process as many times as necessary to remove additional agent names from the records.
- If you need to alter the order of existing agent names displayed in the records, you may need to first delete the primary agent and then re-insert the agent later in the order to reprioritize which agent is listed as the first collector